7 Steps for getting it done
7 Steps for getting it done: Have you noticed that when you procrastinate for extended periods of time you begin to engage in negative self-talk? This is a sure way to deflate your confidence.
If you are like most people, you have been putting something off that you know you need to get done.
In fact, I bet right this minute you could name three things you’ve been putting off for at least three months. For example giving yourself that overdue holiday or small break; starting those dance classes; decorating that spare room.
The undone tasks have a habit of looming in our mind, sending us messages that we are lazy, afraid, incapable, stupid, or much worse. We can buy into these negative messages and allow them to dissuade us from doing what we know is good for us. This, in turn, increases our lack of self belief and self worth. Alternatively, we can ‘just get on with it’ and take the task by the horns so-to-speak. We can ‘just get it done’ by transforming our previous hesitancy into a ‘no big deal’. Thus making it a real win for our self.
7 steps for getting it done
Below are seven steps for getting it done! These are steps that will help you build up your confidence and be an achiever.
1. Make a list of all the tasks you have been putting off.
2. Prioritise what is most important and what can wait.
3. From the tasks that are most important, prioritise them based on what can be completed easily and what requires more time and effort.
4. Create small steps or actions that are needed to accomplish each task.
5. Monitor your progress and scratch completed items off your list.
6. Get the support you need. If you are uncertain of the best way to approach a task, ask a friend – or seek out an expert.
7. Celebrate your wins no matter how small or large the task. Be happy that you have succeeded in reducing your list of ‘to-do’s.
So what are you waiting for?
Start right now, TODAY!
Take action and experience a renewed sense of confidence as you take charge of your life.
Ready, Set, Go!
Is anxiety holding you back from getting things done?
Download our free report, or get in touch with Sandy today.