Are you a dreamer, a doer, or both? Is your head in the clouds, full of ideas, are you able to plant your feet on the ground and take action? Confident people let their imagination soar with possibilities and have the courage to take action.
If you find yourself dreaming big but acting small, you might need to kick some “buts” that hold you back and make some radical mind set changes.
Test yourself. Think of a dream, big or small. Do you have any “buts” holding you back?
• “But I don’t have enough time…”
• “But there’s not enough money…”
• “But I need more education….”
Here’s a confident approach:
• Examine the “buts” to see if they are really true – or if they are just excuses.
• Turn your “buts” into truths
- I have as much time as anyone in the world. I choose how to spend it every day.
- I will make smart decisions around money so I can achieve my dreams.
- I can get all the education I want and need if I am willing to take the necessary steps.
• Take that first step today. Small steps can make big goals seem attainable.
If you want to look for a better job, quit smoking, learn to skydive, or build a house, don’t let your “buts” hold you back. Kick them out of your way by honestly addressing them, developing a plan, and taking action. Then you will feel so much better about who you are and what you can achieve. When you focus your mind and fill your actions with true intention, you are your most powerful!
If you need help with breaking free from anxiety, click here now